Subject: Re: Amos Pro and Internet gaming
From: John Bintz <[email-masked]>
To: Stephen Lebed <[email-masked]>
Cc: Amos List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:01:49 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Stephen Lebed wrote:

> I'd like to write an internet playable game.  Does anyone know how I'd send and receive player data over the internet through Amos Pro?
> 
> Also, once I get the info I need sorted out, I'd like to arange some way we can test it out.  Anyone interested?

Its really easy to access a TCP/IP stack from any programming language 
that lets you open a port.  Just use the command:

  Open Port 1,"TCP:<computer>/<port number"

And you can talk with any computer on the Internet.

THe only problem is that, because I use Miami and that uses MUI and Amos 
likes neither, I can only open about two ports before Amos, Miami, and 
MUI come crashing down.  It works fine...it just crashes a lot.  If you 
want some sample code to access Web documents, just ask.

#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@
        John C. Bintz - * [email-masked] *
@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#
Come Visit Internext Software - the home of great Amiga software!
    http://www.dragonfire.net/~JohnBintz/inext/inextsoft.html
*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#@*#